The People and Culture Business Partner will:
- In conjunction with the Director, People & Culture provide advice, guidance and support to Shepherd Village Business partners in interpreting and adminstering the Collective Agreement.
- Maintain records related to short, extended and long term illness, ESA related and personal leaaves as applicable
- Communicates confirmation and conditions of leave to employees, payroll, managers and Director, People & Culture to ensure processing of ROE, job posting etc.
- Liaise with employees and management to offer guidance in support of safe and expedited return to work programs
- Maintains confidential employee medical and online case files
- Reviews and keeps track of job/line vacancies arising from leaves and the job posting process, ensuring vacancies are posted promptly, master schedules are updated and updates from master process is run on time and accurately
- Prepare monthly education completion status reports or by request for all managers
- Partner with managers and Director, People & Culture to draft job postings and ensures the appropriateness and accuracy of the ATS job fit tests
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate integrity and accountability, while working in a team environment that promotes communication, collaboration and respect. The successful candidate must possess the ability to thrive in a high demand and highly regulated environment within a Christian community.
- You will be expected to represent Shepherd Village in a courteous and professional manner, while maintaining amicable relationships with peers, subordinates, residents & families in keeping with the Shepherd Village Vision, Mission & Values.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications & skills:
- Degree/Diploma in Human Resources Management, required
- Current C.H.R.P or C.H.R.L designation, or in process
- Member in good standing of the Human Resources Professionals Association of Ontario (HRPA), or equivalent, required
- Minimum 3-5 years previous HR Management experience, required
- Previous Labour Relations experience
- Experience in Long Term Care and/or Retirement Industries an asset
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, problem solve and strong sense of urgency
- Detail oriented and extremely organized with effective time management skills, ability to meet deadlines and effectively handle multiple priorities
- An excellent communicator - written, verbal and presentation skills
- Results oriented. Possess a positive "can do" attitude
- Strong analytical skills with ability to take direction
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields