The Registered Nurse-Extended Class will;
- Utilize advanced level clinical skills in collecting & interpreting medical information, conducting health assessments and formulating medical diagnoses
- Provide vital clinical contributions in the development of Resident care plans, care conferences, implementing and evaluating of clinical decisions.
- Facilitate the coordination and involvement of key stakeholders, including Physicians, clinical staff and families, in the development of Resident care plans, with a focus on patient-centered care.
- Assume a key role in various clinical programs; including skin & wound care, infection control, pain management, palliative care, and various quality improvement initiatives; ensuring the use of best practices and industry standards
- Demonstrate leadership in the education, mentoring, support and communication with staff, Residents and families.
- Work collaboratively amongst an interdisciplinary team; build & foster external relationships, represent the Home when networking with professional organizations
- Ensure compliance with legislated standards and regulations, including, but not limited to; the Long Term Care Homes Act, Occupational Health Safety Act, CNO Guidelines & Reflective Practices, and the policies & procedures of the Home
The successful candidate will demonstrate leadership, integrity and accountability, while working in a team environment that promotes communication, collaboration and respect. The successful candidate must possess the ability to thrive in a high demand and highly regulated environment.
You will be expected to represent Shepherd Village in a courteous and professional manner, while maintaining amicable relationships with peers, subordinates, Residents & families in keeping with the Shepherd Village Mission, Vision & Values.
Our ideal candidate possesses the following qualifications & skills:
- Registered Nurse (RN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO), required
- Masters Degree in Nursing (MScN), required
- Experience practicing as an RNEC in a long-term care, or geriatric setting, preferred
- GPA, PIECES or other seniors-focused training or professional development, an asset
- Strong computer skills, including but not limited to Point Click Care and MS Office suite
- Ability to think critically, analyze information and problem solve effectively
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, ability to exercise empathy and discretion
- Flexible, team-player, able to build and maintain positive working relationships
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields