Our ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Degree or Diploma in Recreation & Leisure Studies, Therapeutic Recreation, Kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university, required
- Minimum three (3) years' experience working in a Recreation setting, required
- Demonstrated experience in designing, planning, executing and evaluating recreational activities and therapeutic programs for Seniors.
- Ability to initiate new, creative and innovative programming ideas
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English language required.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, or in a cooperative team environment
Able to meet the physical stress of running recreational programs, including but not limited to:
- Lifting up-to 40 lbs
- Pushing, pulling wheeled carts up-to 50 lbs
- Frequent bending, stretching/reaching, walking and standing for prolonged periods of time
- Competency in documentation practices and computer applications (ie. MS Word, Excel, Activity Pro, Point Click Care, MDS)
- Positive attitude, compassionate and energetic personality to represent Shepherd Village in a professional and positive manner.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields