Reporting to the Executive Chef, the successful incumbent in the position of Dishwasher will be responsible for the cleanliness of the kitchen, including dishes, glassware and kitchen apparatus/ equipment.
Shifts are 12pm-8pm and every other weekend.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Operating dishwashing equipment, heavy duty cleaning of stove and ovens, vent hoods, deep fryers, char broilers, trash compactors and all small kitchen appliances
- Cleaning of floors and walls, cabinets and food preparation areas to ensure a sanitary environment which passes all health and safety regulations and inspections
- Unpacking and storing of incoming groceries
- Continuously follow our “good customer service” principle and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices
- Adhere to legislated and Company standards, policies, procedures and practices
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Handle exposure to extreme temperatures.
- Occasionally working at heights above 10ft.
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised on a regular basis.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs per day.
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals.
WHO YOU ARE
- Have a High School Diploma and/or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Knowledge in restaurant kitchen duties
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety and Public Health regulations
- Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with team members, residents and other departments
- Must be able to provide a police check with a vulnerable sector screen upon hire
- Must be able to provide a record of immunization for TB test upon hire
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields