Reporting to the Director of Care (or designated RPN), the PSW is responsible for providing a comfortable, safe and enjoyable experience for our residents. This position is for weekend mornings only.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Completing all aspects of resident care as outlined in the Care plan and/or as assigned.
- Transporting residents to and from their suites.
- Recreational activities.
- Activities of daily living such as grooming, dressing and bathing.
- Meal planning and preparation.
- Mobility and transfers.
- Light household duties such as cleaning, laundry and washing dishes.
- Provision of special functions that have been taught, with respect to the client by a regulated health professional.
- Reporting changes in client behavior and condition.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with team, residents and families as well as external community resources.
- Demonstrate sound organizational skills and attention to detail.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Use both hands and feet on a regular basis to perform physical assisting duties.
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised for periods of time.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs. per day.
- Climb stairs, operate elevators, lift luggage and move small equipment and furniture.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Graduate of a recognized (accredited) P.S.W. certificate program.
- Experienced in retirement living, geriatric, rehabilitation or long term care.
- Solid English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Must be able to provide a police check with vulnerable sector screen upon hire.
- Must be able to provide a record of immunization for TB test upon hire.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields