- Maintain current knowledge of all aspects of exterior maintenance including turf grass, trees, shrubs, flowers, below ground sewers and water mains, eavestroughs, soffit, fascia, downspouts, minor roof repairs, fences, retaining walls, basement repairs and sprinkler systems. Maintain pool and aquatic equipment, supplies and staffing.
- Coordinate work orders for outside work. Follow up with residents and ensure work is completed in a satisfactory manner. Ensure that completed work orders are retained for record filing. Keep Maintenance Manager apprised of outstanding work orders.
- Supervise, motivate, hire, recruit and process payroll for all Outside Maintenance Technicians.
- Ensure that maintenance requests are resolved in a timely manner and that work order records are maintained accurately in Salesforce. Follow-up with residents about status of requests or repairs to insure open communication with tenants.
- Issue Purchase Orders, approve invoices and maintain R & M costs as per monthly/annual financial budgets. Provide annual recommendations to Maintenance Manager for R & M costs as they pertain to Inside Maintenance. Contact contractors and suppliers as necessary to solicit interest in providing quotes on work/materials.
- Strong focus on Health, Safety & Wellness; insure training is completed with all team members. Insure compliance with Fire Safety code, maintain a culture of fire safety education.
- Ensure that all equipment/vehicles are properly maintained at or better than the levels recommended by the manufacturers and make required recommendations to Maintenance Manager.
- Establish priorities for maintenance requests based on urgency and work with Maintenance Manager for high level items. Follow up with the residents on the status of non-routine or emergency work orders Weekly review unresolved maintenance requests with Maintenance Manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in landscape construction and exterior building maintenance, including retaining walls, concrete replacement, drainage, below ground sewers and water mains, fences, basement repairs, sprinkler systems, redevelopment of gardens and related activities.
- A thorough knowledge of plant materials, pruning, weeding, trimming techniques and common landscaping cutting and maintenance practices.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience managing a team of staff.
- Experience with green technologies and green building management is an asset.
- Knowledge of pool maintenance including water chemistry and circulation at proper levels.
- Experience with customer relationship management and positive approach to insuring high level of customer satisfaction.
- Positive, engaging attitude, solution oriented with a high level of energy.
- Assertive, adaptable self-starter with the ability to work independently when required.
- Collaborative, team focused “hands-on” working style with an ability to work alongside Building Managers, Maintenance Staff, Leasing and Admin Staff.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to communicate professionally with a positive tone both verbally and written.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, SalesForce, Property Management software applications and digital property management protocols
- Available for on-call during winter snow season.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields