Reporting to the lifestyle manager, the Lifestyle Assistant is responsible for assisting with the planning and delivery of lifestyle and recreational programs/activities for residents in accordance with company policies/procedures and legislative requirements.
Hours of work: Thursdays 4:30-8:30 covered (as well as every third Saturday and casual coverage)
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist with the planning and facilitation of recreational activities, exercise programs and the creation of a variety of documents regarding activities and programs as required
- Supervising resident outings and assisting with loading/unloading the bus
- Assist with special events
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with team, residents and families as well as external community resources
- Other duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- Post-Secondary education in recreation/leisure program at a College level of certification and/or previous related experience.
- Fitness Certification (e.g. Can-Fit Pro) preferred.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Maintains a current certificate in CPR/First Aid.
- Valid driver’s license (F) and Smart Serve are considered assets.
- Demonstrate sound organization and English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be able to provide a police check with vulnerable sector screen upon hire
- Must be able to provide a record of immunization for TB upon hire
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants are asked to forward their cover letter and resume. We thank all candidates in advance for their interest in this position. Please be advised that due to the large volume of candidates only those required for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, candidates who require accommodation throughout the application and/or selection processes may contact the Executive Director for assistance.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields