How do I qualify?
You must have:
- Registered member in good standing with regulatory college.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing or equivalent.
- Minimum three years of working experience in a nursing role.
- Management experience and administrative experience is required with previous experience in the gerontology field.
- Standard First Aid Certification (maintained and renewed every three years).
- Current HCP/CPR and A.E.D. certification (maintained and renewed annually).
- Hold professional membership and professional liability protection insurance.
- Be able to participate in administrative on-call rotation and be available for emergencies.
What we are looking for:
- Excellent communicator, resilient, and flexible to meet the changing priorities of a dynamic team community. Proven leadership skills with the ability to inspire people and think “outside of the box”.– English is essential.
- Recent experience working with geriatrics, long-term care, or home services.
- Deals with others in an effective, compassionate and supportive manner.
- Respects each resident as an individual, is aware of their need for self-respect and privacy and acts as a resident advocate when appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to assess the health status of resident.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and clinical judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide positive role modeling and leadership to staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of occupational health and safety practices, principles and legislation.
- Compliance with infectious disease screening as per provincial legislation and maintaining immunizations.
- Capability of working in a team environment.
Position Vacant Until Filled
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields