Posting will remain open until all positions are filled
The PSW - Personal Support Worker - provides personal support and homemaking services to individuals and families in the home within the framework of Carefor policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management. They Collaborate with all members of the health care team to meet the needs of individuals and attain their optimal level of independence and well being.
We provide a comprehensive benefit program which includes a defined pension plan with company match, health and dental and illness/disability plans. Carefor Health & Community Services recognizes the importance of education and focuses on promotion of continuing education courses
- Secondary school education preferred
- Certificate in Home Support Worker (Level I, II, III), Personal Support Worker, Developmental Service Worker or Health Care Aide
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate, if applicable
- Current CPR level C Certificate, if applicable
- Household management experience
- Experience working with elderly or ill individuals or children
- Must be able to communicate well in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to take direction well
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to adjust to working in different social and economic environments
- Eligible candidates must be willing to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays. Access to a vehicle is an asset.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields