The primary purpose of this position is to provide assistance in all dining service functions as directed/instructed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
Dining Service Functions
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Clean work tables, meat blocks, refrigerators/freezers, etc.
- Sweep and mop floors as directed.
- Carry soiled food service items and utensils to wash area.
- Return clean food service items and utensils to proper storage areas.
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures. Assure that utensils, etc., are readily available for next meal.
- Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times.
- Ensure dishwashing supplies are adequate and equipment is proper working condition.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education: High School
Willingness to travel: 0 - 25%
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields