This position is located in Kentville Nova Scotia, and reporting to the Regional Manager as a part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex (Enhanced Care Division). The Workforce Coordinator is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding “Shannex Philosophy of Service Excellence”.
As the successful candidate you will work to Full Scope of Practice, as part of a professional services team, the Workforce Coordinator provides a range of services to all employees and managers related to workforce management and administration including timekeeping, staffing & scheduling, payroll processing, benefits & leave administration, on-boarding, and orientation.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Administers HRIS and Workforce Systems throughout the employee life cycle including system initiation, resignations, terminations, and status changes according to established procedures
- Coordinates all onboarding activities and facility orientation of new employees;
- Analyzes and validates timecards in the processing of bi-weekly payroll
- Ensures accuracy of seniority lists; follows established procedures for all internal job postings and associated employee assignments
- Maintains the integrity of employee timecards and accrual banks through regular audits and reporting;
- Allocates and replaces shift vacancies in accordance with collective agreements, Shannex company policies, and established operational guidelines;
- Ensures accurate schedules are completed and implemented within defined timelines;
- Acts as point of contact for all employee requests for information and additional support on scheduling, and payroll issues
- Follows established procedures for processing time and attendance transactions in the timekeeping system including time off requests, leave processing, and assignment of rotation and extra shifts
- Ensures eligible employees are enrolled in appropriate benefits and RRSP programs in a timely manner;
- Recommends and implements process and system improvements;
- Must be willing to work shift work including on-call and weekend shifts as necessary.
- Other related duties as required.
- Technical or Business related Diploma.
- Previous experience in scheduling, payroll and human resources administration in a 24/7 environment.
Previous experience working in a unionized environment.
Skills and Competencies
- Attention to detail is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to provide detailed instructions to and work with non-technical people to resolve issues
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office particularly Word, Excel, and Power point.
- Ability and desire to quickly learn and utilize new systems.
- Demonstrates approachability and ability to collaborate with others and effectively influence desired outcomes.
- Demonstrates the ability to plan for, complete, and implement assignments and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- This position will report to the Location Business Manager and work collaboratively with members of the corporate and regional team, including Payroll/HR, Finance, and ITS staff.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, shift and weekend premiums, on –site parking, and flexible scheduling.
If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your career and make your mark in a rapidly growing organization please apply by February 13th 2017.
All applicants will be kept in strict confidence.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields