Located in Greenwich, NS and reporting to the Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurse is part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Enhanced Care Division. The Licensed Practical Nurse is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding “Shannex Philosophy of Service”.
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) assists the Registered nurse with training and management of nursing personnel on the unit, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care for all clients.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, documenting and directing clients needs through consultation with medical professionals, care conferences and internal staff;
- Providing leadership to health services staff and overseeing provision of quality health services respecting the client’s right to individualized planning of health services;
- Working with the existing management and health services teams to promote communication and compliance to policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of client care plans.
- Administers and records prescribed medication as per company policy and scope of practice.
- Maintains the standards of accurate and complete documentation and reporting.
- Applies dressings and treatments according to physician’s orders and policy
- Assists with supervision and evaluation of job performance and behavior of other health care staff.
- Current registration with the provincial Licensed Practical Nurse regulatory body;
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Physical Assessment, Palliative / Hospice Care experience required;
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care or a senior’s independent living environment required.
The following would be considered assets:
- Strong leadership and assessment skills
- Alzheimer’s & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred;
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience with evaluating employee job performance;
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, attractive benefits plan, shift and weekend premiums, onsite parking, and flexible scheduling and Canadian Nurse Portability as per the Collective Agreement.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields