Key Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- In consultation with operational leaders and regional HR team, develops and implements a regional recruitment strategy that ensures a pipeline of qualified candidates are available to support current and future job openings;
- Works collaboratively with operational leaders and regional HR team (HR Business Partner and Workforce Coordinators) to forecast needs with a focus on seasonal hiring;
- Leverages creative recruitment methods, existing professional networks and social media to provide proactive sourcing;
- Follows standardized recruitment policies and processes and utilizes standardized tools;
- Collaborates with Manager, Talent Acquisition to communicate vacancies, challenges and high-risk areas;
- Identifies hard to fill positions and seeks assistance from Manager, Talent Acquisition as appropriate;
- Completes full-cycle recruitment for external candidates including preparing and posting job advertisements, managing the post in Gazebo, screening resumes, conducting pre-screening interview , arranging and conducting interviews with hiring manager, conducting reference checks, ensuring due diligence checks are completed prior to job offer (license searches, criminal record and vulnerable sector checks), creating offer letters and communicating regrets, collecting and uploading documents to p-file;
- Organizes and conducts internal job fairs based on need;
- Attends external networking events and participates in class presentations and external job fairs;
- Coordinates the student talent acquisition process including promoting Shannex as an employer of choice at student career fairs, building relationships with school representatives, and recruiting and onboarding students and new graduates;
- Works collaboratively with operations to welcome students during placements;
- Works collaboratively with Immigration Recruitment Specialist for all foreign worker hires;
- Completes weekly vacancy reports;
- Works collaboratively with Manager of Employee Engagement to understand orientation and exit survey results;
- Follows safety, environmental and infection control practices as per facility policies
- Other related duties as identified.
Skills & qualifications required
- Post-secondary education with a concentration in Human Resources
- 1-3 years of talent acquisition experience, preferably within the health care and/or hospitality industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an aptitude and willingness to interact with and present to a variety of audiences
- Exceptional computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel and Applicant Tracking System(s).
- Strong working knowledge of applicable provincial and federal legislation including Labour Standards Code, Employment Standards Act, and Canadian Human Rights Act.
- Ability to travel to campuses within the assigned region and occasional overnight, as required.
The following would be considered role preferences:
- Current or in progress Registered Professional Recruiter (RPR) certification.
- Current or in progress Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) certification.
- Experience with international recruitment within the Foreign Worker Program
- Understands the importance of service excellence
- Experience in the Healthcare or Hospitality industry
- Experience working in a unionized environment
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields