Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, documenting and directing clients needs through consultation with medical professionals, care conferences and internal staff;
- Providing leadership to health services staff and overseeing provision of quality health services respecting the client’s right to individualized care planning of health services;
- Development and implementation of client directed Care Plans.
- Working with the existing management and health services teams to promote communication and compliance to policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of client care plans.
- Administers and records prescribed medication as per company policy and scope of practice.
- Maintains the standards of accurate and complete documentation and reporting.
- Applies dressings and treatments according to physician’s orders and policy
- Assists with supervision and evaluation of job performance and behavior of other health care staff.
- Graduate of approved School of nursing, Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Current registration with the provincial college of Registered Nurses
- Current First Aid and CPR certification;
- Palliative / Hospice Care experience required;
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care or a senior’s independent living environment required.
The following would be considered assets:
- Strong leadership and assessment skills plus the ability to multitask in this fast-past, yet rewarding environment;
- Alzheimer’s & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred;
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and experience with evaluating employee job performance;
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
- Ability to supervise staff including organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields