ocated in Greenwich, NS (Blomidon Court ) reporting to the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse as a part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Enhanced Care Division or Retirement Living divisions. The Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding “Shannex Philosophy of Service”.
As the successful candidate you will provide direct personal care to our clients in accordance with their individual care plans, within the framework of Shannex policy, procedures and standards within Enhanced Care and Retirement Living facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Assists clients with hygiene needs and daily living activities including bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, positioning in bed, feeding and transferring.
- Assists with client’s restorative care programs, walking and range of motion.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of client leisure activities on a daily basis.
- Collaborates with the client and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the development of individualized Client Care Plan.
- Performs delegated nursing acts according to company policy and scope of practice.
- Documentation according to company policy.
- Communicates and reports relevant information regarding client care or safety to Supervisor.
- Continuing Care Certification or Provincial Personal Care Workers course
- Currently enrolled in the RN or LPN program
- Palliative Care Certification
- The ability to work required shifts, weekends and holidays.
The following would be considered assets:
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care or a senior’s independent living environment.
- Alzheimer’s & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred.
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
We offer a comprehensive compensation package, shift and weekend premiums, on –site parking, and flexible scheduling.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields