Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Assists clients with hygiene needs and daily living activities including bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, positioning in bed, feeding and transferring.
- Assists with client’s restorative care programs, walking and range of motion.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of client leisure activities on a daily basis.
- Collaborates with the client and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the development of individualized Client Care Plan.
- Performs delegated nursing acts according to company policy and scope of practice.
- Documentation according to company policy.
- Communicates and reports relevant information regarding client care or safety to Supervisor.
- Continuing Care Certification or Provincial Personal Care Workers course
- Currently enrolled in the RN or LPN program
- Palliative Care Certification
- The ability to work required shifts, weekends and holidays.
The following would be considered assets:
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care or a senior’s independent living environment.
- Alzheimer’s & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred.