Under the clinical supervision of the Program Coordinator, the PSW/HCA/DSW provides personal care and health maintenance to individuals and families within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures and standards, in community health care.This position will support clients within our Assisted Living building and the surrounding neighborhood. Some travel will be required.
This position is eligible for the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care's PSS Wage Enhancement Initiative for direct patient/client care.
Collaboration with other health care team members is expected where and when appropriate. At all times, the PSW/HCA/DSW follows an established plan of care and delegation of procedures that meets the needs of the individual and family.
The successful candidate must be able to work in a flexible care program (working days/evenings/nights/weekends) and meet the On-Call expectations required for this program.
- Personal Support Worker certification, Health Care Aide certification or Developmental Services Worker diploma is mandatory
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Palliative Care and In-Home Support Exercise Program completion preferred
- Must have experience working with seniors and persons with disabilities
- Household management experience
- Ability to adjust to working in different social and economic environments
- Awareness of community resources is essential
- Must be able to communicate well; both written and verbally
- Must have good critical thinking, assessment and problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team, take direction well and work independently
- Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields