KNOWELDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Three to five years of relevant experience and/or combination of experience and technical education. Must possess sufficient practical experience in plumbing, electrical maintenance, heating and ventilation to satisfactorily perform the responsibility of the position. Technical training in building maintenance is an asset.
- Ability to read and write English as well as to understand verbal and written instructions in English.
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as outlined.
- May be contacted by authorized personnel for emergency maintenance service outside of scheduled working hours.
- Must demonstrate concern and interest in providing a safe and attractive environment for residents and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to complete assignments correctly and on a timely basis.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety practices, principle legislation. Adheres to facilities Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures and demonstrates safe working practices including the use of personal protective equipment, when necessary.
- Vacuuming, sweeping, dry/wet mopping, scrubbing, sanitizing/disinfecting floors; spot cleaning walls, windows and doors between washing; dusting, emptying wastebaskets and rearranging furniture; removing waste; daily cleaning and disinfecting all resident homes; cleaning floors, fixtures and furnishings in rooms, kitchen, closets; garbage collection, removing and recycling; may also include heavy cleaning duties such as deep cleaning, stripping and waxing floors.
- Ensures privacy of residents during performance of duties.
- Adheres to established company policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, and safety.
- Performs outside work such as removal of light snow, sanding and salting as required.
- Cooperates with other departments in such tasks as transferring residents, moving and storing supplies, furniture and equipment.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields