- Performs a variety of routine maintenance, servicing and repair operations to maintain facility, equipment, furnishings, fixtures, and grounds in proper condition.
- Observes and monitors all areas of the facility for ongoing maintenance requirements and carries out repairs as required. Documents and implements the preventative maintenance programs. Maintains adequate inventory of tools and spare parts.
- Performs mechanical maintenance and repairs to equipment such as replacing drive belts, lubricating motors and hinges, repairs to heating and ventilation systems, repairs to kitchen and laundry equipment, repairs to beds, chairs, tables etc.
- Performs general maintenance and repairs to plumbing and electrical systems such as replacing water valves, clearing drains and removing stoppages, repairing or replacing fixtures, replacing switches, replacing fuses and light bulbs, repairing Emergency Nurse Call and Fire Alarm Systems
- Performs general carpentry work and repairs such as installing floor and wall tiles, repairing drywall, replacing doors and door hardware, repairing roof leaks, painting, installing wallpaper and other redecorating tasks.
- Following approval refers problems requiring specialized work such as electrical or plumbing, to outside contractors and monitors work performed; provides general assistance to skilled trade persons such as mechanics, electricians, carpenters, plumbers, etc. as required.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, and environment and infection control.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to complete assignments correctly and on a timely basis.
- Must demonstrate concern and interest in providing a safe and attractive environment for residents and staff.
- Must have the ability to prioritize task and excellent time management skills
- 3-5 years experience and/or knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry and heating and ventilation systems. Technical training in building maintenance is preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals related to equipment and systems.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as outlined
- Ability to read and write English and understand moderately complex oral and written instructions.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields