- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of the Nursing Department to provide quality resident care.
- Interprets nursing philosophy and establishes and implements goals and objectives, policies and procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, etc., for both residents and department personnel in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Liaises and consults with families/residents, government officials, company resources and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities.
- Assumes responsibility for the facility in the absence of the Administrator.
- Registered Nurse required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred
- Membership or eligible for membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- At least one year of experience working as a registered nurse in the long-term care sector required;
- At least three years of working experience as a registered nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting required; and
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills required
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, unionized settings and labour contracts preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques including education
- Demonstrated competencies in working with special populations with behavioural challenges, families, and other caregivers and with a multidisciplinary team.
- Must have proficient computer skills
- Working knowledge of RAI-MDS
- Excellent communicator with exceptional Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting
- Ability to analyze, good critical thinking skills
- Effective human relation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields