Hours of Work
3 Part time positions available
Position 1 - 6:45-2:30 - 29 hrs biweekly ; Position 2 - 4:45-8 - 6.5 hrs biweekly ; Position 3 - 4:45-8 - 13 hrs biweekly
Must be available to work a variety of shifts.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Certified in CPR and First Aid required
- Current TB testing
- Current criminal reference check including vulnerable sector screen
- Experience in retirement home or long term care setting preferred
- Exhibits caring and compassion while working with residents.
- Required to provide Police Vulnerable Sector Check upon hire
- Knowledge of medication administration would be an asset.
- Required to complete Orientation and all ORCA and in house training courses.
- Must be flexible to work day, evening, night and weekend shifts
- Ability to prioritize, demonstrate flexibility and understanding.
- Ensure that all decisions and actions are responsible and in the resident’s best interest.
- Speaks and writes English well.
- Performs those functions which provide for the support and care of residents with an acceptable standard of skill, with a sense of responsibility and respect for privacy and dignity.
- Assists in the process of observing, reporting and documenting the changes in the residents’ physical and emotional condition.
- Implement the plans of care for assigned residents as outlined by the Director of Care, and provides input into care plans.
- Documents as per the home’s policies.
- Promotes comfort and safety for the residents.
- Promotes independence and wellness.
- Maintains effective communication and good human relations with residents, families and staff of other departments, using the appropriate lines of communication.
In addition to a competitive wage, you will find Greenwood offers thoughtful employee perks; from employee discount programs & team building fun to opportunities for education and growth.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields