- Assists in providing direct care for residents; assists with ambulation, feeding, bathing and grooming.
- Encourages participation in activity programs by assisting residents to and from activities.
- Assists with meal service and nourishment delivery to residents and provides feeding assistance as required.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents/families including palliative care.
- Adheres to established departmental polices and procedures regarding documentation, quality assurance, fire, safety, environment and infection control.
- Consults with and informs supervisor of unit activities, needs and matters related to resident care.
- Participates in care conferences and documentation related to resident care plans.
- Completed a PSW Program that meets the appropriate standards established by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, the National Association of Career Colleges, or the Ontario Community Support Association and must be a minimum of 600 hours in duration (including class time and practical experience time)
- Nursing Experience in long-term care required
- Knowledge and experience in care planning systems and documentation required
- Mentally and physically able to perform duties as assigned
- Ability to communicate positively with other staff, residents and families
- Demonstrates empathy, concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
- Demonstrates organizational skills and ability to complete assignments in a timely fashion
- Ability to work independently and as part of a teamAbility to provide resident care in accordance with application legislation, job routines, nursing care plans, ability to read and write English and understand verbal and written instructions in English.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields